Thursday, October 4, 2007

What I've thought about readings, discussions, and so on...

This week's discussion and reading topic is about hypertext.

First, I've reflected about myself as a reader after reading the article, "Hypertext and the Changing Roles of Readers." Well, I can say I am a kind of person who is more familiar with paper-type text (traditional text) rather than electronic things. Most of time, I print out weekly reading papers from the WebVister like the author of the article, Patterson. I do not know that that means I am old-fashioned or I am out-of-date or even I am wrong... But I think I need more practice to apply what I've learned about hypertext and something like that.

Second, some questions have occurred to me as a teacher in relation to our discussion. Which is more effective and educational way for students; giving them a strict guide or letting them free to be involved in hypertext. In addition, when kids are involving with hypertexts as readers or writers, how degree we can give them a guideline? Is it enough to give them rubric for helping their learning process? If it is not enough, how I can help students? In my teaching experiences, when my students sat in front of computers, I could not control where they to go anymore. It was so difficult for me to teach something for them with computers because each student had their own mouse.

No comments: